Sorry, No Data Found
Legal malpractice takes place when a lawyer or any other legal representative is negligent in providing representation or advice. It is the duty of the lawyer to follow the code of ethics while working in a professional capacity. Code of ethics for lawyers can vary from state to state; however, mostly they represent similar points. Going out of the way and utilizing unlawful methods in order to win the case is against the law and considered legal malpractice as it is the duty of the lawyer to maintain good faith and be in full honesty with the client and the court.
What Is Legal Malpractice?
Legal malpractice is an offence that occurs when an attorney acts neglectfully while extending legal advice or representation. A plaintiff needs to prove a number of issues for a legal malpractice case. For example, the plaintiff needs to prove the existence of an attorney-client relationship and the neglect in the legal representation by the attorney. As these laws vary by state there can be various other elements of these cases as well.
What to Legal Malpractice Lawyers Do?
Legal malpractice lawyers can help you if your former attorney mishandled a case that had a negative impact on your case. These professionals will look into various aspects of your case and evaluate all the possible elements so that you may get justice. Legal malpractice lawyers are well versed in various aspects of this law and are in the best position to handle your case and get things in your favor. An experienced attorney can help you sue a former legal representative for malpractice based on various issues such as attorney’s misconduct, conflict of interest or ineffective assistance of counsel. Also, these professionals can answer your various questions pertaining to this field of law. They will also allow you to know if the incident constitutes legal malpractice under the laws that prevail in your state.
Finding Legal Malpractice Lawyers
Here are some simple tips that can help you hire the right legal malpractice lawyer:
· Get in touch with a number of legal malpractice lawyers as exploring all your options will help you make the right choice.
· Find out about their experience in this practice area and if they have dealt with similar types of cases.
· See to the location of the office of legal malpractice lawyers. An attorney that is conveniently located can certainly make a better option that one who is not within easy reach.
· Find out about the fee structure of these lawyers.
· Compare between all your options so that you may have an idea which legal malpractice lawyer can be most suitable in terms of experience, cost and location.